Input selection fields for logic only + others

Discussion, questions and support.

Input selection fields for logic only + others

PostPosted by aukseller » Mon May 15, 2017 4:08 pm

1) Is there a way to use selection input fields for conditional logic only i.e. not output the selected value just store it for later user in a conditional statement?
2) It's a shame the Manual Text Input field is separate or not additionally available from the input selection form dialog, so that it can have a description. You can of course select the "Text" type but this then gives and unwanted multi-line textbox.
3) Is there anyway you can make it capture commands from the desktop without it beeping. I guess not as windows trys to find the first matching shortcut and beeps if one cannot be found?
4) On multi-line insertions, say an html template of 25-30 lines in length, it can take quite a long time before the full text is inserted in the open editor and until it completes you cannot see the entered text, just the cursor moving. It would be nice if there was more feedback that something was happening, perhaps a change in tray icon state? It would also be good if the key repeat (which presumably is part or all of the reason for the slow entry) was temporarily changed and then restored to keep this time to a minimum.

Sorry if this is just my lack of understanding, already implemented or let me know if you need any more detail?

Site Admin

Re: Input selection fields for logic only + others

PostPosted by Marko » Tue May 16, 2017 11:23 am

Thanks for your comments/suggestions.

1. Currently not. We could add such option in the form dialogs.
2. We could add the option to select textbox height in the text form dialog.
3. Not sure that I understand... but probably not.
4. You can try to decrease the "Use clipboard if text length exceeds" setting under Preferences/Text Expander/Advanced.

Site Admin

Re: Input selection fields for logic only + others

PostPosted by Marko » Mon May 22, 2017 9:38 pm

Implemented in FastKeys 4.0:
1. Use underscore "_" prefix in the variable name (like _MyVar) not to output the text.
2. Use a new "Input" type in Selection Form - this is similar to Manual Text Input with the added description and optional preselected text.

Return to General Discussion