Fastkeys 2.12 randomly disabling scroll wheel & right click

Suggestions, feature requests and bug reports.

Re: Fastkeys 2.12 randomly disabling scroll wheel & right cl

PostPosted by dougbrian » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:46 pm

Version 3.11 and this is still a terribly annoying problem. It doesn't happen with Perfect Keyboard Pro.

My setup: Windows 7 Enterprise on a Lenovo X1 Carbon, Chrome browser. If I maximize (or of course, close) FK the problem goes away, but then of FK isn't intercepting keystrokes anymore. I'll start killing apps to see if there's anything else interfering...

Update: Closed all nonessential apps and no change. After opening and minimizing, I can right-click once, then nothing. It seems to think I'm left-clicking.

Update 2: Looks like the problem is that I'm using the mouse left-handed. Every few days to give my right shoulder/wrist a break, I shift to the other side AND open the mouse properties app to "switch the primary and secondary buttons." It seems FK somehow interferes with opposite-handed mousing if you swap buttons. Doh. And not just the mouse but also the trackpad right-click (secondary) button doesn't work either for lefties when FK is active.

Please let us button-swapping ambedexterites & lefties know when there's a fix, thanks.

-Doug

Site Admin

Re: Fastkeys 2.12 randomly disabling scroll wheel & right cl

PostPosted by Marko » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:06 am

Thanks Doug, this is very useful. I was able to reproduce the issue - it is clearly related to "switch the primary and secondary buttons" mouse setting.

We will try to solve this issue for the next release. Until then, you can change the gesture shortcut to something else, for example "Ctrl + RButton" or disable Gestures module.

Previous

Return to Suggestions